South Tyneside Community Treatment Team [Crisis Team]
Patients can also self‑refer by calling this number (0303) 123 1145
- Provides an assessment and treatment service for people experiencing more severe mental health difficulties.
- Includes patients with co‑existing substance or alcohol misuse issues.
- Team is made up of healthcare professionals, including psychiatrists and community psychiatric nurses.
- Support is available from specialist clinicians at:
- Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health Services
- Learning Disability Service
- Older Persons Mental Health Services
- Appointments are held at a number of different sites in South Tyneside.
- Suicidal or in a state of crisis.
- Signs of acute psychosis